Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Storybook favorites: My Top Three Storybooks

The following is a list of my (current) top three myth-folklore storybooks, in no particular order:

1.  LSD in a Yellow Submarine

I found this storybook particularly interesting because of my lack of familiarity with the topic of LSD. Although it does not extensively cover the topic of LSD, but rather introduces it, in the introduction of the storybook, it sets up the story very well in the beginning, similar to a cliffhanger requiring you to read more to understand what the author means. This, alongside the overall subject, made it seem like an interesting read. Furthermore, the use of syntax throughout the introduction is unique and creative. The design of the storybook is the best of them all - as it has eye-grabbing yellow colors and interesting patterns. It did what the cover of a book needs to do: grab a reader's attention.

2.  Ghost Stories

The topic was truly the sole reason as to why I reached for this storybook, as I am an avid horror fan and love anything scary. The storybook did a good job on introducing the setting of the plot and kept it interesting for me to continuing reading. The syntax was less complex, but the simplicity of it allowed for the reader to focus more on the plot and its details, both which are crucial to be accounted for in a genre like horror. The layout itself was simple and nothing too unique, but once again, it added to the simplicity of the storybook as a whole. The design lacked complexity, and there was not much to that, but it did not affect my interest in choosing it to read.

3.  Modern Myths

Alongside horror, I enjoy a mysterious plot in a story, which is the reason I chose a storybook including myths, which usually include a plethora of mystery to them. Therefore, the topic itself was the attention grabbing quality of this storybook. The introduction was simple in syntax and the detail was simple as well, which made it an easy read. The overall design of the storybook lacked, but did not affect my interest in the storybook at all, but it could have perhaps made it more enjoyable if it were better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Famous Last Words: The End (and a soon-to-be new beginning!)

This should be my final assignment in this class as the semester wraps up! That is, if I did not make any mistakes in completing my assignme...