Sunday, January 26, 2020

Feedback Thoughts

Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt

I have quite a bit of self-doubt when it comes to a lot of things. However, most of the time it is related to academics, where I set goals for myself but quickly get demotivated due to my lack of confidence to be able to complete them. This greatly affects my future, as I begin to set less challenging goals that could positively change my life, and I feel that is is important for me to get around this. The most productive feedback I have gotten was to not compare myself to other people, as it just sets you back more. Thankfully - I have not been really given very much bad feedback, so I cannot really remember the "worst" feedback I have received. Overall, receiving feedback allows me to view my attempts at anything in life from an outsider's perspective, and see how I can better my methods at whatever I am doing.



I really enjoy the thought mentioned in the article that stockpiling positive comments and believing more in the positive comments as a whole can fuel you throughout life. The author refers to this stockpile of positive comments as a "full tank," and being able to utilize this full tank throughout your journey at any point, in any aspect of life is crucial to having a good journey. Although it is easier said than done, it is a friendly reminder that there is always a good side to things when completing your goals and going throughout life as a whole. I have learned that, in order to treat dissatisfaction, having gratitude is the best way to do it, and this article provides a good foundation for that thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Famous Last Words: The End (and a soon-to-be new beginning!)

This should be my final assignment in this class as the semester wraps up! That is, if I did not make any mistakes in completing my assignme...