Sunday, January 26, 2020

Topic Brainstorm

1. Food

I am interested in researching Indian food as I personally love it myself. I am Pakistani, and a lot of our dishes are similar to Indian dishes, but I would like to know more about the similarities, and of course, the differences, while researching this topic. I could possibly pick up some new recipes and cook them for myself and my friends and family! I would probably tell stories of them being cooked and invented,



2. Jataka Tales

For one of our previous assignments, we had read Jataka tales, and I really appreciated the metaphors and meanings behind them. My personal favorite was Them Foolish, Timid Rabbit; I would probably choose another from the extensive list, but just reading through them while doing the assignment really kept me interested and it was my favorite assignment thus far - as well as when we made our own story based off a Jataka tale. I would retell a Jataka tale in about the same manner as I did for our previous anthology assignment.



3. Reincarnation

I have always been very interested in the concept of reincarnation and its relations to religion as a whole. I am Muslim, and although the majority of Muslims do not believe directly in the idea of reincarnation, Hindus do, and I would like to learn more about the topic of reincarnation at hand, as well as the religion of Hinduism, while taking notes of similarities and differences between Islam and Hinduism. I would retell a story with the topic of reincarnation in a dramatic way like used in context of a hero being reborn to avenge so-and-so.


4. Weapons of the Gods

I find the topic of weapons in any context quite interesting, but I have never fully considered weapons within a topic such as Indian epics. Because of this, I would like to learn more about the usage and importance of weapons in Indian literature and to see how that compares and contrasts with weapons used in other contexts in literature as a whole. I would try to retell the story in a way that it both grazes the topic of violence or peace, or both in one story.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Famous Last Words: The End (and a soon-to-be new beginning!)

This should be my final assignment in this class as the semester wraps up! That is, if I did not make any mistakes in completing my assignme...