Sunday, February 2, 2020

More Feedback Strategies

Be a Mirror

I really enjoyed the tips throughout this article as it lined up with my main thought in life that I have had in life, which is the golden rule of treating others how you want to be treated. The title insinuates this, as it is important to give and take feedback as you would with yourself, that way it is genuine and humanly. Qualities such as "letting it transfer" and to "focus on what the reader is doing" allows for changes to be made in the current time - things people can change at the moment so they can continue to improve, and not something that can be put off later. It is also important to take yourself out of the feedback, meaning not to use personal pronouns, but rather making it about the reader.


Five Reasons to Stop Saying "Good Job!"

I always admired both giving and receiving personal unique praise. Receiving generic praise or comments never seem to help me, as I feel as thought it is either not genuine, or it is too broad for me to take seriously, and the idea of just saying "good job" to something fits that ingenuity. The article focuses more the loss of interest and stealing away with pleasure, as receiving these generic praises do not seem to affect a person's mindset about how they went about something they accomplished. On the contrary, constantly giving this simple and quick feedback can create what the author calls "praise junkies" who begin to rely on praise constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13: Famous Last Words: The End (and a soon-to-be new beginning!)

This should be my final assignment in this class as the semester wraps up! That is, if I did not make any mistakes in completing my assignme...